Page 7 of 8 « First<45678>
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#199387 - 05/02/19 02:34 PM Re: CAST BULLETS: HOW FAST IS TOO FAST? [Re: Jeff460]
Whitworth
Shootist

Loc: Virginia

Originally Posted By: Jeff460
He sales them, but he may have run out by now.
I digress though. Killing provides experience, but it is not the only requirement for validity for sharing on this site.

Actually, he has quite a few left if anyone wants to buy one.

Semper Fidelis

Bovine Bullet Test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s

#199388 - 05/02/19 02:45 PM Re: CAST BULLETS: HOW FAST IS TOO FAST? [Re: Jeff460]
tradmark
Gun Slinger

Killing provides experience, but it is not the only requirement for validity for sharing on this site. [/quote]

Yes, anyone can have an opinion but the weight that opinion carries is directly proportional to their experience! Reminds me of watching mma and boxing fights with people that never fought telling us all during a tyson fight what they would have done to beat mike tyson or roy jones and guys that never grappled telling all those in the room what they think an opponent should do to anderson silva. But but i hit a bag in my garage!?!?! I know this cuz a cousins uncle fought golden gloves etc etc.

Edited by tradmark (05/02/19 02:46 PM)

#199389 - 05/02/19 03:03 PM Re: CAST BULLETS: HOW FAST IS TOO FAST? [Re: tradmark]
Jeff460

Loc: Kansas

As such then you WERE stating by your question of me earlier, if I did not have ENOUGH personal killing experience, then my opinion does NOT matter. So tradmark you now reveal your damning prejudice. I have nothing CLOSE to your killing experience, so you win and I leave.
Shooting into ballistic gel provides valuable comparison to other loads shot into the same ballistic gel. That is valid.
But I will post no more on this site, because intolerance for
any other opinion, no matter the basis, is not tolerable or valid from you.
I am NOT in agreement with you. Good bye and go with God.

#199392 - 05/02/19 04:23 PM Re: CAST BULLETS: HOW FAST IS TOO FAST? [Re: Jeff460]
45MAN
old hand

Loc: brownsville, texas

JEFF460: I HOPE YOU RECONSIDER AND DO NOT ABANDON THIS SITE. I LEARN A LOT FROM OTHER HANDGUNNER'S EXPERIENCES, AND ALSO VALUE OPINIONS AND THEORY, BUT AM MORE APT TO RELY MORE ON EXPERIENCE THAN EITHER THEORY OR OPINION.

#199393 - 05/02/19 04:57 PM Re: CAST BULLETS: HOW FAST IS TOO FAST? [Re: 45MAN]
Jeff460

Loc: Kansas

I may reconsider, but I abhor exclusive dogma that seeks to distinguish those who have first-hand experience and keep them ONLY. And that also seek, by interrogation techniques, to discard the well-meaning and learned members who simply wish to interact and keep learning. Learning and reflecting no matter what role player of an honest-source provides for contemplation.
Please pray for me, as I am honestly unconvinced of my own self-worth on this forum.

#199394 - 05/02/19 05:04 PM Re: CAST BULLETS: HOW FAST IS TOO FAST? [Re: 45MAN]
Sawfish
old hand

Loc: Peoples Republik of Kalifornia

For those who have not hunted South Texas properties with "high fence" it is used just as much to keep poachers and game thieves out as it is to keep animals in. I have hunted in pastures on a high fenced Texas ranch property. The high fence was around 50,000 acres and the pastures were 5,000 acres each. Not exactly what first comes to mind with the term "high fence".
Life Member RMEF, SCI, NSRPA, CRPA: Member, FTRF, HHI #7108, CBA

#199395 - 05/02/19 05:21 PM Re: CAST BULLETS: HOW FAST IS TOO FAST? [Re: Jeff460]
Gregg Richter Administrator
Distinguished Expert

Loc: Pine, Colorado

Originally Posted By: Jeff460
As such then you WERE stating by your question of me earlier, if I did not have ENOUGH personal killing experience, then my opinion does NOT matter. So tradmark you now reveal your damning prejudice. I have nothing CLOSE to your killing experience, so you win and I leave.
Shooting into ballistic gel provides valuable comparison to other loads shot into the same ballistic gel. That is valid.
But I will post no more on this site, because intolerance for
any other opinion, no matter the basis, is not tolerable or valid from you.
I am NOT in agreement with you. Good bye and go with God.

Let me note here that when discussing such a hot topic as bullet performance on game animals, since every hit/kill is different due to so many variables, there can be different experiences and therefore different personal conclusions.

That is why reading about other people's experience is not going to satisfy or convince everybody...

By all means, please relate your own experiences but do not assume that other's opinions (experience) will be the same, or that everybody will or must agree.

Actual experience (as long as it is truthful and not exaggerated) proves or disproves mere opinions; opinions based on experience are meaningful but as I stated experiences can be different.

Jeff, posts on this site are not to win or lose, but rather share information. I hope you will continue to share yours and please do not doubt your self-worth.

I will not lock this post yet as it has remained mostly civil...

#199397 - 05/02/19 06:46 PM Re: CAST BULLETS: HOW FAST IS TOO FAST? [Re: Gregg Richter]
tradmark
Gun Slinger

Jeff?i am not being exclusive or prejudicial. I would love to hunt with anyone here and we compare notes and discuss. I have had very very heated discussions with some on this forum that i am good friends with and hunt with regularly. Do not doubt worth but i will say i have some serious questions related to the dogma spread over the years i havent found to be true. Thats where the discussion comes in. Then imagine my surprise when i find out the number of those giving bad advice that has been spread as dogma havent ever done it.im certainly not perfect but i learn from my mistakes. I do agree with rey?s posts above. I dont sell anything, im not sponsored but i have been on hunts where handgunninf was portrayed negatively to an outfitter or a ph, not due to poor shooting but to the bullets being used failing and nearly getting someone killed. I couldnt hunt at a great concession for sable in africa in 2018 due to a bad hunt and bad hardcast failure. No more handguns there! Asking you what you have shot is not prejudicial nor is it trying to make you look bad. I am just figuring out from which position are you speaking from. Nothing more and nothing less. Dont leave but also be prepared to back up opinions with experiences. That is not being mean or malignant and i certainly dont mean for it to. My goal is to help those that havent done it do it well and not learn the lessons i have the hard way.

#199407 - 05/03/19 03:05 AM Re: CAST BULLETS: HOW FAST IS TOO FAST? [Re: tradmark]
sixshot
addict

content Online
Hunting can be so unpredictable, even with great bullets & what we call perfect hits. Some animals just don't accept the fact that they are dead on the spot, it happens. Hang around hunting long enough & you'll see it happen with no explanation in sight.
Probably the best, or maybe the worst example I can relate is a guy that shot an Idaho Pronghorn 7 times with a 7mm magnum.
The first shot looked good & was an exit, the next 6 were just brutal & yet it kept running, why? We were just spectators but it was a sad event to watch with no answer that we could come up with. Cast or premium, sometimes it just doesn't make any sense how they react.
Jeff, reconsider, we all need to keep these discussions open & going, hopefully no one gets too worked up over some one else's opinion. There's 2 ways to get experience, listening to those that have it & are willing to share it & also by getting out there & getting in the trigger time. Good hunting!

Dick

#199408 - 05/03/19 03:23 AM Re: CAST BULLETS: HOW FAST IS TOO FAST? [Re: sixshot]
sixshot
addict

content Online
Forgot! Being a born & bred western hunter I can tell you that many don't understand high fence hunting but I've always defended it & encouraged it. It's a simple fact that not everyone lives in the western US where there is a lot of public land where you just take off & hunt. We take that for granted out here & some laugh at people that high fence hunt, they wouldn't if they lived in other parts of the country.
I learned when I was in the military in Texas that it's all private & you're going to pay somebody if you want to hunt so shut up & pay or don't hunt.
Also it's a great way to speed up the learning curve, not everyone can make a trip out west every year or go to Alaska or Africa, so stay home, find a good hunting preserve or high fence operation in Texas, etc & get some nice animals under your belt. We all have to start somewhere but at least get started. Then you can test bullets, meet other hunters & see what works & what doesn't. Nobody was born doing it!!!!!!!

Dick

Page 7 of 8 « First<45678>

Moderator:  Gary, jamesfromjersey, Chance Weldon, Gregg Richter 
Hop to:
 Portal Sidebar
Who's Online
4 registered (sixshot, AKBman, BBwheelgunner, 1 invisible) and 33 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
s4s4u
Whitworth
jamesfromjersey
wapitirod
TCTex.
KRal
Ernie
Gary
Tigger
pab1
Dan B.
Chance Weldon
Franchise
Gregg Richter
johnwilliams
  Member Hunts
Sika in the Rain
Sika in the Rain

Little Gun Invitat
Little Gun Invitational Antelope Hunt 2014

Access Requires Login

Generated in 0.045 seconds in which 0.016 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright © 2000-2008
HandgunHunt.com, Inc.