Page 1 of 10 12345>Last »
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#192172 - 04/29/18 11:05 AM LAST DITCH PITCH
Gregg Richter Administrator
Distinguished Expert

Loc: Pine, Colorado

for a donation to help sustain this website.

Chance and I have about 30 days now until we close the deal with Gary and become the new owners of handgunhunt.com. As most of you know and understand, buying this website is a huge donation of money as well as time to keep it afloat and manage it, as it produces a negative cash flow.

But despite the fact that Chance and I will have to continuously pull money out of our pockets to keep this site running (until we can hopefully turn that around, but again by giving of huge amounts of our time) we have made the decision that we WILL NOT require membership dues or user fees. This change of ownership will be as seamless as possible; only a few minor changes will be made.

Many thank you's to those of you that have already contributed; we are a little less than 1/3 of the way toward achieving my projected target goal for donations from our close to 10,000 members.

So I have to ask: Fourteen of the 9800 have donated. Yet when Gary announced that he was shutting this website down, everybody that responded was upset and wanted to keep it going; most even volunteering to send a donation.

And like I said, a lot of you have. And when time allows and the dust settles from this adventure of closing the deal, you will be sent a special Little Gun Outfitters pen and a drawing will be held to see which of you wins a custom knife from Kim Ralston, and 2nd place a knife-saw-flashlight kit from Little Gun Outfitters.

But getting back to my question, (and human nature being what it is, maybe it is a silly question), but what about the other 9786 members that have not yet sent in a donation? Seriously, asking for a $100 donation is tough on my part as I am proud but I do know that several of you have committed but not come through yet...

But rest assured that Chance and I will strive to come through, as we are both men of integrity and will keep our word to Gary.

So...how 'bout a little help? Please, handgun hunters!

Remember, we are the minority in the world of hunting, and this website is by far THE KING when it comes to our world.

There's more than one way to skin a coyote.

The only man smarter than a wise old coyote is the one that gets him.

#192177 - 04/29/18 02:28 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: Gregg Richter]
jamesfromjersey Moderator
Shootist

Loc: New Jersey

Don`t know if it will help much but I send another $100..... Do not put me in draw or other stuff....

Edited by jamesfromjersey (04/29/18 02:30 PM)
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"

#192180 - 04/29/18 03:02 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: jamesfromjersey]
Distinguished Expert

Yes James of course it will help! Thank you, I hope this inspires some of the other "slow movers" here.

This will make your donations come to $300, and that DOES give you THREE chances in the drawing...too bad that is the way it is.
\:\)

Handgunners, not only do we have a world-class hog slayer here, but also a world-class MAN.

But I had that gut feeling before any of this came down, and I was right all along.

Gregg

#192181 - 04/29/18 03:03 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: jamesfromjersey]
Hawkeye_fh
stranger

Loc: Central Kentucky

I am not a very active member on here, and even less since my son was born a few of months ago, but I have racked up countless hours reading and learning from the enormous wealth of knowledge on this site. Gregg, if you PM me the specifics, you can count me in for $100.

#192182 - 04/29/18 03:21 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: Hawkeye_fh]
Distinguished Expert

Thank you, Hawkeye.
PM on the way.

#192187 - 04/29/18 04:16 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: Gregg Richter]
45MAN
old hand

Loc: brownsville, texas

Gregg: will try to mail in another $100 check this week (but put me in twice for the drawing), also please repost the donation info/mail in address/payee info so we don't have to look all over for it.

#192188 - 04/29/18 04:26 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: Gregg Richter]
racksmasher1
veteran

Loc: New York

Over the years on this site I have seen many beautiful guns, including many Freedoms and customs, not to mention many of us have been on countless hunts across the country, I don?t think it is unreasonable at all for Gregg to ask for contributions to keep this thing going, send what you can, I am donating a 115 year commeritive Camillus knife, it?s a 2 blade lock back with beautiful engraving and stag grips, I?m mailing it to Gregg, he can raffle it of to the next 5 guys who contribute.

#192190 - 04/29/18 05:56 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: racksmasher1]
jamesfromjersey Moderator
Shootist

Loc: New Jersey

Originally Posted By: racksmasher1
Over the years on this site I have
seen many beautiful guns, including many Freedoms and customs, not to mention many of us have been on countless hunts across the country, I don?t think it is unreasonable at all for Gregg to ask for contributions to keep this thing going, send what you can, I am donating a 115 year commeritive Camillus knife, it?s a 2 blade lock back with beautiful engraving and stag grips, I?m mailing it to Gregg, he can raffle it of to the next 5 guys who contribute.
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"

#192196 - 04/29/18 11:23 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: 45MAN]
Distinguished Expert

Originally Posted By: 45MAN
Gregg: will try to mail in another $100 check this week (but put me in twice for the drawing), also please repost the donation info/mail in address/payee info so we don't have to look all over for it.

You can make out a check to Gregg Richter (put HHM Contribution on bottom left) for $100 and mail it to:
Gregg Richter
33773 Martin Road
Pine, CO 80470

You will be sent a special pen and have an entry in the drawing for the custom knife and field dressing cutlery kit after the change of ownership.

Thank you 45MAN!

#192197 - 04/29/18 11:25 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: racksmasher1]
Distinguished Expert

Originally Posted By: racksmasher1
Over the years on this site I have seen many beautiful guns, including many Freedoms and customs, not to mention many of us have been on countless hunts across the country, I don?t think it is unreasonable at all for Gregg to ask for contributions to keep this thing going, send what you can, I am donating a 115 year commeritive Camillus knife, it?s a 2 blade lock back with beautiful engraving and stag grips, I?m mailing it to Gregg, he can raffle it of to the next 5 guys who contribute.

Thank you sir! I will ponder on how to give that knife away...Raffle anyone?

Page 1 of 10 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gary, jamesfromjersey, Chance Weldon, Gregg Richter 
Hop to:
 Portal Sidebar
Who's Online
1 registered (Benny8) and 144 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
s4s4u
Whitworth
jamesfromjersey
wapitirod
TCTex.
KRal
Gary
Ernie
Tigger
pab1
Dan B.
Chance Weldon
Gregg Richter
Franchise
johnwilliams
  Member Hunts
Your success depen
Your success depends on the right hunting equipment

Good Day/ Bad Day
Good Day/ Bad Day

Access Requires Login

Generated in 0.041 seconds in which 0.011 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright © 2000-2008
HandgunHunt.com, Inc.